On June 4th, 2011 Minister Byung Gook Jung of the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism visited Tanzania to attend the social sponsored event for “Small Library” (organized by STEP, an organization under UN) and Tanzania Serengeti Project (organized by Korean Government).
Minister Byung Gook Jung, who have been planting a dream in the youth with IYF for years, also showed a lot of interests in juvenile issues in Africa during his visit to Tanzania this time.
Minister Byung Gook Jung arrived in Tanzania around 9pm on June 4th.
Korean GNC Volunteer and African IYF volunteer from IYF Tanzania center went together to greet the Minister.
The minister knew well, more than anyone, about the heart of the IYF volunteers who have left behind a comfortable life in Korea to come all the way to Africa to volunteer. He could’ve gotten exhausted from the long flight, but he rather asked the well-being of the volunteers first.
1. “Hello. Welcome to Tanzania. Karibu Tanzania.”
2. Conversation about Tanzania between Missionary Jong Duk Kim, the IYF Tanzania branch manager, Korean ambassador, and Minister Byung Gook Jung.
“Tanzania is a country of hope.”
3. The Small Library the STEP organization (under UN) made to give hope and dream to students in the small village.
“Thank you for making the small library^^” (The students practiced and sang Korean Anthem)
4. “Good Morning” The minister greeting IYF at the sponsored event.
5. Tanzania’s First Lady(who is also the minister of the education department) and Minister Byung Gook Jung.
6. IYF Tanzania also participated in this event.
7. Minister Byung Gook Jung had a conference with the President of Tanzania during his visit.
IYF Tanzania arranged the conference for the president and the minister.
Minister Byung Gook Jung of the Ministry of culture, sports and tourism had a time to discuss the juvenile issues in Tanzania with the president. His conference with the presient made the second page of Gudience, a Tanzania’s national newspaper.
8. Missionary Jong Duk Kim, the IYF Tanzania branch manager, had a time with the president as well. Through this conference we were able to have him confirm his attendance at the 2011 Tanzania World Camp once again.
Change in Tanzania…
Clouds in the sky of Tanzania have been removed.
Now… it’s time for the radiant light of God to shine.
Tanzania, a country God is with. Now it’s time to change.
Please pray for Tanzania a lot.
And… you make look forward to hear the next news.